Full-time Fitness/CrossFit Coach
We are looking to add 1 full-time coach to our world-class team. We are looking for people that first and foremost fit our culture, our vision, and our values.
Our ideal candidate is someone who is humble, hard-working, great with people, and wants to be a part of a strong team. Knowledge and experience is a plus, but likely not the determining factor. To learn more about EFC, and the positions we are hiring for, read below.
About the position:
We are looking for coaches that can coach 15-25 hours per week of CrossFit and/or Fitness group classes.
We believe that the best way to make a career out of being a coach is through a combination of personal training, group classes, and taking on 1 or 2 roles outside of coaching like nutrition, programming, events, social media, etc. We are seeking an individual who aligns with our mission and core values and aspires to become a full-time coach, whether they are ready now, or believe they can work their way towards this role in the coming years.
- Minimum Requirements:
- CrossFit Level 1 Trainer or other Nationally Accredited Personal Training Certification
- Team Player – Humble, Welcomes Feedback
- Understands and is driven by the Evolve Fitness Clearwater mission and vision
- Understands and lives by Evolve Fitness Clearwater Core Values
- Prioritizes role of coach and leader ahead of personal fitness goals
- Key Responsibilities:
- Coach all scheduled CrossFit and Fitness group classes
- Attend and actively participate in weekly coach’s meetings and coach’s development sessions
- Be available to take on personal training clients and 1-on-1 fundamentals a minimum of 10 hours per week
- Never ending pursuit of coaching excellence via continued education, coach’s development sessions, and 1-on-1 coach’s evaluations.
- Participate (as an athlete) in Evolve Fitness Clearwater group classes at least 4X/week minimum.
- Eventually take on a role outside of coaching. Social media, programming, front desk, sales, marketing, nutrition, etc.
- Additional Expectations:
- Evolve Fitness Clearwater (and the role as a full-time coach) is a top priority in your life
- Adhere to Evolve Fitness Clearwater core values inside and outside of the gym (including social media)
- Push our gym towards excellence each day
- Be an open source of communication (no gossip)
- Cover additional classes when needed (up to 3-5 per week)
- Fulfill all opening and/or closing duties
- Be on the floor and engaged with members at least 10 minutes before and after every class
- Be fully prepared for class (lesson plan) prior to the 10 minutes before every class
- Greet and take care of walk-ins and drop-ins whenever present at EFC
- Post regular gym/member updates to our private Facebook Group
- Actively participate in all EFC hosted coach’s development sessions and 1-on-1 coach’s development sessions
- Help stage, clean, and organize the gym before and after all classes
- Help set up, clean up, and run events such as annual scavenger hunt, kayak WOD’s,beach WODs, park WODs, in-house competitions, and gym socials.
- Continued education and never-ending pursuit of coaching excellence
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary and Income Potential: $30,000 – $60,000 (with the ability to make more after 24-36 months with us)
- 50-70% of all revenue from personal training, programming, and 1-on-1 coaching such as nutrition
- Monthly Neurosomatic Therapy sessions (paid by us)
- All retail and supplements at our wholesale cost
- EFC provided coaches development – full Active Life Immersion program
EFC Community Core Values
- Lift Others Up – Nothing is more important to us than fostering a supportive, positive community. We refer to our member base as the EFC Family, and that is exactly what you become when you join our community at Evolve – family.
- Be Grateful – Our perception is everything, focus on the positive, place attention on what can be controlled, raise your vibration, and attract more of the same into your life.
- Keep It Simple – With clarity, master the basics first. Only layer on complexity when absolutely necessary.
- Finish What You Start – Keep your word for it strengthens your relationships and your self-worth. Complete tasks, surpass your goals, practice discipline, follow through, and accomplish more.
- Humble and Proud – Be confident in your abilities, proud of your accomplishments, remain humble and do not let your ego get the best of you.
- Always Evolving – Strive, as a human, to become the most capable version of yourself – to perform better, to love better, to live better, to contribute more.
EFC Coach’s Core Values
- We are a family. Introduce yourself to others and know everyone by name. Treat EFC as if it was your home, clean up after yourself and always leave the gym better than when you walked in.
- The class comes first. EFC should be the best 60-90 minutes of our member’s day and the in-class experience is what makes EFC great. Create an atmosphere where members love coming and never want to leave.
- Team > Individual. Relentless focus on others over yourself. No Egos. Coaching must come before your own training. Regularly take classes with members.
- Constant and never-ending pursuit of excellence. Pay attention to the details and go above and beyond what is asked. Be early. Be overprepared. How you do anything is how you do everything.
- Extreme ownership of everything in your life. Live with honesty and integrity. No Gossip. If you have an issue with someone, speak directly to them and no one else.
- Live with a growth mindset. Hungry to learn and grow, and constantly make yourself a better coach and employee. Regularly read books, listen to podcasts, and attend seminars and certifications.
About Evolve Fitness Clearwater and what we are looking for…
Seven years ago, I opened up CrossFit Manta Ray in Clearwater with a vision to provide an inclusive community that welcomed all who wanted to live happier, healthier lives. Over the years we have “evolved” as a gym to upgrade our experience and offerings for our clients. Tommy joined as a partner over two years ago, bringing years of experience and expertise that helped propel the gym forward.
I am a Type 1 Diabetic and looking back it has become my greatest blessing because it is what led me to become passionate about helping others take control of their health. I do my best to lead by example with my own health, and genuinely love being a part of the EFC community of positive, like-minded individuals.
Now known as Evolve Fitness Clearwater, we have grown to become one of the premier fitness centers in the area. We currently have upwards of 175 members and are creating life changing results. We have helped our clients lose over 160 pounds, reverse Type 2 Diabetes, get off blood pressure medicine, and find happiness and confidence through achieving health.
Our team is on a mission to empower people and communities to live happier, healthier, and more fulfilling lives. We aim to make fitness fun and sustainable so our members can enjoy working out and kicking ass into their 90s and beyond.
We do this by providing personal coaching in an energetic, fun, and inclusive team-environment. We seek to attract those who share our core values and want to become professionals in the industry that they are passionate about.
We are looking for coaches who love being a part of our events and will invest time in our members. We are looking for coaches who can live by our core values (listed above). We are looking for coaches who are motivated and driven by our mission to become one of the top gyms (CrossFit or otherwise) in the entire world over the next 5-10 years. We are looking for coaches who want to make a career out of being a Professional Coach.
We now have a staff of full-time coaches who have become a part of our family. One of the things that we strive for most is to provide a true career opportunity for our coaches and employees. We believe coaching is one of the most influential and important roles that this world has to offer, and we want to professionalize what it means to be a Coach. We believe that coaches deserve to be treated like professionals and compensated accordingly.
Ultimately, we are a family, and we are looking to add like-minded individuals to our team who share our core values, love our community, and want to make a career out of being a coach and eventually going beyond that.
If this sounds like the perfect position for you, please email me directly email@example.com with a brief overview of why you want to coach/work at EFC and why you think it could be a good fit. Be specific. We care less about your resume, and more about why you want to be a part of our team. We also highly recommend checking out our social media pages prior to applying. I’m looking forward to speaking with you.